Small cars from Toyota are usually available at reasonable prices. Therefore, they typically appeal to students and those in the market for an affordable runabout. They’re pretty popular in the USA due to their inexpensive cost, dependability, and safety ratings.
Toyota’s small cars are generally comfort-focused and come with an impressive number of factory-fitted features. Small Toyotas cars are not designed for high speeds but are powered by solid engines that are excellent for easy driving.
Small Toyota cars are highly suitable for those searching for compact vehicles for their teenagers or even older people who want an economical car to commute from place to place.
What is the Smallest Toyota?
The smallest Toyota vehicle is the Toyota Yaris. The hatchback version is the most miniature Toyota car model, and the Sedan version is the cheapest offering in the lineup. Both models are designed to be excellent small cars ideal for younger drivers, with a simple cabin and a 106-horsepower mill.
What is the Toyota Yaris Capacity?
Despite being small, the Toyota Yaris is a spacious car for both people and loads. It seats up to five people with 41.9 inches of legroom and 38.2 inches of headroom at the front seats. The back seats provide even lesser space, measuring 34.4 inches of legroom and 36.8 inches of headroom.
The Yaris sedan fits 13.5 cubic feet of space in its trunk, while the hatchback offers 15.8 cubic feet for cargo. The back seats also fold forward, which makes fitting oversized packages in the vehicle a cinch.
Is the Toyota Yaris still Available for Purchase?
You can only buy a new Toyota Yaris if you are not in the US. Toyota stopped the production of the Yaris in the US after the 2020 model year brought substantial updates to the subcompact. Even though the output in the US has been discontinued, you can get a used model that is still in excellent condition.
However, before you buy a used Yaris, you should be aware that Toyota used the Yaris nameplate on two different vehicles.
- The Yaris Liftback, which Toyota manufactured from 2007 to 2019. You may find an older model of the Liftback under the name Echo as well.
- A sedan that underwent numerous name modifications, starting as the Scion iA in 2016, then the Yaris iA in 2017 and 2018, and finally, the Yaris in 2019. In 2020 Toyota reintroduced the Yaris as a hatchback, but it’s unrelated to Yaris Liftback. To add to the naming confusion, Toyota used rebadged Mazda 2s for these models. While the Mazda2 isn’t sold in the US, you can still find them used.
The two models are both of good quality, but the Mazda-built Yaris may seem like an upgraded model. The difference is similar to entering a higher trim level of the exact vehicle. However, unless you’ve operated both, you may not notice.
Why Should I Buy a Toyota Yaris?
The Toyota Yaris offers some impressive features that make them the choice of many small car lovers. These features include;
- Meager price
- Simple, well-laid-out technology
- Economical fuel consumption for most trims
- Remarkable reliability ratings
- The Yaris is an enjoyable car to drive
- Plenty of cabin and boot space despite the small size
Are there problems with Toyota cars? Check this detailed read for guidance.
Small Toyota cars are suitable for young and older adults who want reliable and affordable cars that will last a reasonable amount of years without any significant problems.